The Ben Woo Scholarship
The Puget Sound Mycological Society, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization chartered in 1964, has established a small grant program in honor of its first president Benjamin Woo. Ben has personified our mission to foster the understanding of Mycology as a science and a hobby, and to assist related institutions in these purposes. As organization of volunteer amateur mycologists, the PSMS wishes to fund the projects of enthusiasts who need financial assistance to reach their goal related to the study of mycology.
- Grants will be awarded for small amounts up to $2000 each calendar year.
- Applications will be due July 1 and December 1.
- Grants will be allocated for projects, studies, equipment and educational events related to Mycology.
- Members of the Puget Sound Mycological Society, educators, and research and projects conducted in the Pacific Northwest will be given preference for the grants.
- Recipients may be requested to present a report or program about the project.
An application and guidelines may be downloaded below or contact Marian Maxwell at: 425-235-8557 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
Application FormRecipients & Grants pdf
If You Suspect
Contact a physician
or Washington Poison
Come learn with us in our meetings, classes, field trips and more!Benefits of Joining Join Online
Our Wild Mushroom Exhibit is one of the largest and most complete in the United States. Over 200 varieties of wild mushrooms will be displayed, identified, and classified.Learn more